Saturday, July 16, 2011

ALRIGHT ALREADY, PHOENIX!!!!!!!

my day started out pretty well....then i got tired...everyone had been so quiet and peaceful so i decided "maybe" (huh) i could get a little nap in.  I gingerly laid down on the couch hoping against hope that none of the birds would catch mommy napping and throw themselves into a hoopla tizzy!  all was well for about 5 minutes...count them with me 1..2...3...4...5....then....tick, tick, tick, tick, ........tick, tick, tick, tick.  (phoenix has this little plastic dog toy that he loves to slowly shake back and forth and make the legs fall to make a clicking sound)....tick, tick, tick.....dammit!!!!  all's quiet for a few minutes....tick, tick, tick.....
i pick myself up off the couch and stomp my way up the steps...litterally i might add, and throw myself into the bed and cover my head.  along comes ferret number 1.....up and over me to  my head where she procceds to sniff my eye lids to be sure i am asleep before making her way to my ankle and latching on!  ferret on the floor!   i lay there thinking "what the hell did i do to deserve not getting in a small friggin nap?"........i lay back down, again covering my head and bundling my ankles inside the blankets where said ferret number 1 can't get to them.  then the phoenix screaming starts....oh dear god!  i ignore it as long as humanly possible....then throw myself over the bed and down the steps i go.....making wildly for the coffee pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment